- Fully Corrosion protected body and components
- Corrosion protected load and handchain
- Lightweight and portable
- Stainless steel fixings and fasteners
- Heat treated alloy steel triple spur gears and pinion shaft
- Can be chained to any height of lift to meet your exact requirements
- Also available with stainless steel load chain or spark resistant hooks
- Range from 500kg 20000kg
- Marine specific friction discs
- Double cover protection for brake chamber
- Safe reliable twin pawl mechanical brake
- -40C to +50C Operating temperature range
- Marine chain bags available on request
- Meets or exceeds all international standards
- Over 1000 hours continuous protection
- Rugged steel body construction
- Drop forged & heat treated alloy hooks
- Guaranteed 2% light load protection
- Proof tested to 1.5 times rated capacity
- Individual spares readily available
Each unit comes fully certified with a test certificate or an EC Declaration of Conformity stating compliance with the essential health and safety requirements of the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC. This document clearly states the proof test at 1.5 times the rated capacity and the light load test of 2% of the rated capacity, which exceeds the requirements of the current applicable standard.
Marine Friction Discs:
Developed and designed for Subsea use creating a highly efficient, reliable braking surface for use in the most extreme conditions.
The highly efficient and fully corrosion protected twin pawl brake works instantly when the operation is stopped and securely holds the load. Loads are lowered under perfect control, allowing for precise operations. The SS12 easily passes the brake lock out test as per BS 3243:1990 with a 2% load of the rated capacity.
Tiger only use the highest quality alloy, calibrated load chains in Grade 80 (T) or 100 (V). These chains have been protected using OCP protection without any loss of mechanical performance. The SS12 comes as 3.0mtr HOL as standard but can be chained up to whatever length is required. Stainless steel load chain available on request for certain capacities.
Drop forged and heat treated alloy hooks are furnished with heavy duty latch kits that fully engage into the nose of the hook offering maximum load security. The swivel hooks are attached to the yoke using high grade nuts & bolts allowing for complete inspection during any statutory inspection or written scheme maintenance. The entire hook fitting has been protected using OCP or Stainless steel fixtures and fittings. Also available with spark resistant hooks.
Recessed forgings offer full protection to the load chain anchor bolts on all our bottom hooks.
The SS12 has OCP protection on all the internal parts including load and hand chain ensuring over 1000 hours continuous protection.
The SS12 is finished in our high quality white Akzo Nobel powder coat paint offering excellent additional corrosion protection. (Data sheets available on request)
Double Cover Protection:
Both the hand chain wheel cover and the ratchet brake cover are designed to offer protection to the brake chamber in the harshest environments from foreign objects.
High Performance Premium Grease:
Load carrying ability, mechanical stability, corrosion protection, water resistance and increased operating temperature ranges of -40C to +50C are all improved by the using only the very best lubricant.
All major components are heat treated and precisely machined to ensure long term smooth operation. High gear ratios keep physical effort to a minimum whilst complying to all the relevant standards.
The SS12 has undergone a full test program that includes:
- Ultimate strength test, at least 4 times the Working Load Limit (WLL)
- Continuous cyclic testing of over 1500 cycles
- Chain end anchorage test, passing at least 2.5 times the WLL without any restriction of the brake or gears
Test on every hoist
- Proof loading at 1.5 times the rated capacity
- Light load testing at maximum of 2% rated capacity
All our SS12 chain blocks are available with chain bags on request to fit the exact amount of chain specified.Designed to carry and hold the exact length of load chain required for the operation. Incorporating a stainless steel frame work and heavy duty PVC flexible bag reinforced by webbing with eyelet drain holes for an easy transfer through the splash zone. These chain bags prevent loose chain from getting snagged during lifting or lowering operations and protect any loose chain during transit to and from the operational site.
Offering full UK coverage of Lifting Equipment & Safety Equipment to Devon & Cornwall from our Plymouth site, Wales and Midlands from our Bristol site, North East, Midlands and North West from our London site along with Scotland, Northern Ireland and Ireland being covered by Belfast and Dublin.
For all your Chain blocks and hoisting requirements contact your local office by email here