New Irish Safety Regulations - Are You Covered?
26 February 2020
From 1st April 2020, a change in the statutory requirement will be coming into effect in Ireland.
The change, named SI No 2 of 2020 (click to view full document), signals that all excavators with a maximum rated lift capacity at a minimum lift point radius as specified by the manufacturer of greater than or equal to 1000kg or an overturning moment greater than or equal to 40,000 Nm are fitted with the following:
- Check valves on the cylinders used for lifting or by another means to prevent a gravity fall of the load in the event of a hydraulic failure.
- An acoustic or visual warning device that indicates to the operator when the rated lift capacity or corresponding load moment is reached.
If your site equipment isn’t currently up to the new Irish safety requirements, or you’re not sure if it complies, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered!
WH Scott & Son has partnered with Xwatch Safety Solutions, the No1 safety supplier in the UK, who has revolutionised the safety market enabling operators across the country to work at the maximum lifting capacity whilst always remaining within the machine’s safe working load.
The Xwatch, XW2 system is the perfect solution to the standard requirement as it is a full RCI (rated capacity indicator) system alerting the operator to any unsafe movements via audible alarm. The system will also give:
- Current radius (e.g. 4.5mtrs)
- Safe working load at the current radius (e.g. 2000kg @ 4.5mtrs)
- Weight currently hanging from the hook at the current radius (e.g. 1500kg @ 4.5mtrs)
- Easy to use operating system
- Reliable and cost effective
- Telematics integration (if required)