Shackles are used in lifting operations and static systems as removable links to connect (steel) wire rope, chain and other fittings. Screw pin shackles are used mainly for non-permanent applications. Safety bolt shackles are used for long-term or permanent applications or where the load may slide on the pin causing rotation of the pin.
This product is no longer in stock
Warning: Last items in stock!
Material : bow and pin alloy steel, Grade 8, quenched and tempered
Safety Factor : MBL equals 5 x WLL
Finish : shackle bow painted silver, pin painted green (120 tons shackle is hot dipped galvanized)
Temperature Range : -40 C up to +200 C
Certification : : 2.1 2.2 3.1 MTC a MTC b * LROS * MPI a US a CE
All Van Beest shackles have a specific design for a specific application.
Some examples are:
-Green Pin Super shackles which are made out of grade 8 steel. They are designed to be used in confined spaces. The higher material strength is used to reduce the physical dimensions of the product whilst maintaining its WLL and functionality of the product;
- Green Pin Polar shackles are for use in extreme climatic conditions with material properties guaranteed up to temperatures of -40C;
- Green Pin Sling shackles are designed to provide a better radius to the sling it lifts. A bigger radius increases the life span of the sling significantly;
- Another example of functional design is a shackle pin with a square sunken hole. Because of the flat head there is less risk of the shackle getting caught in a net or a line.
These are all examples of highly functional designs, to optimize the use of the Van Beest shackles in daily use.
Shackles used for lifting applications are generally marked with:
- Working Load Limit n e.g. WLL 25 T
- manufacturers symbol n e.g. GP
- traceability code n e.g. HA indicating a particular batch
- steel grade n e.g. 4, 6, 8
- CE conformity code (ConformitEuropnne) n CE
Van Beest Green Pin shackles meet all relevant requirements of the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC and its latest amendments.
Shackles supplied by Van Beest can be hot dipped galvanized, electro-galvanized, painted or self coloured, depending on the type of shackle and its application. You can find the finish of each type of shackle in the product section further on
Upon request at time of order, all load rated shackles can be supplied with any of the following documents or certificates:
Free of Charge: WH Scott ROTE 2.1 2.2 3.1 MTC a DNV 2.7-1 a DNV 2.7-1 b DNV 2.22 CE
With additional Charges: MTC b MPI a MPI b US a US b BL
On request the proof load test certificates can be supplied surveyed by an official classification society, such as LROS, DNV GL, BV, ABS or any other officially certified inspection body. Please verify your certification requirements with Van Beest at time of order.
Green Pin standard shackles and Green Pin Polar shackles are DNV type approved. These shackles carry two DNV type approval certificates that show compliance with:
- DNV 2.7-1 Offshore Containers - EN 12079-2 Offshore containers and associated lifting sets - EN 13889 Forged steel shackles for general lifting purposes - IMO/MSC Circular 860 - US Federal Specification RR-C-271 - DNV Standard for Certification No. 2.7-3 Portable Offshore Units - DNV Standard for Certification No. 2.22 Lifting Appliances
The certificates S-7593 and S-7925 confirm that Green Pin standard shackles and Green Pin Polar shackles meet the requirements set in the latest version of the above mentioned DNV standards.